Kitsap County Paternity Attorney

Paternity actions are often sought by mothers wishing to bring the father into a legal relationship, but almost as often the client is the father, eager to have a role in the child's life.

Besides the obvious goal of determining who is the child's father, establishing paternity is important if you wish to:

  • Set child support
  • Change the child's last name
  • Establish inheritance rights
  • Arrange a parenting plan or residential schedule
  • Agree on decision-making rights
  • Take the child out of the country

All kinds of couples seek parenting actions — people who are living together, people going through divorce who never resolved this issue. It is just as much an issue for same-sex couples and domestic partnerships as for heterosexual couples.

Experienced Paternity Action Lawyer Serving Bremerton

In the state of Washington, there are two ways to establish paternity. The first is through a court action called a parentage action. The other way is to file an affidavit called a paternity acknowledgment with the Washington Department of Health. When there is any kind of dispute or complication in this process, it is wise to work with an attorney experienced in paternity actions.

A Law Firm That Has Established Paternity for Many

At the Law Office of Michael A. Dunn, we have worked with scores of unmarried couples to obtain the same kind of clarity married couples enjoy. Washington was the seventh state nationwide to make divorce possible for people who were not officially married. Paternity action often accompanies this process.

Looking to establish paternity? Contact Michael A. Dunn, paternity lawyer serving Bremerton, Silverdale, Poulsbo and Port Orchard. Call him at 360-443-4421, toll free 800-673-9826.

Military active duty and defense employees: Ask about our discount.